Sunday, April 8, 2012

Random Tidbits

This post might seem kind of random...mostly because it is.

Last month, I blogged about our one of a kind kid, so this little pic was forgotten on my blog. I set up a playdate with my older sister Sheila and we went to Gardener Village (which is basically down the street from me) for their "Queen of Hearts" event, a Girls Night Out of SHOPPING! We didn't buy much, but we had a fantastic time.


Recently, when Caleb asked for a puppy, we, being the softies that we are, bought him a beta fish. He decided to name the little fella "Goldie." Go figure since he's purple. (As if the name is not silly enough, I enjoy calling him Goldilocks.) I will have to show an actual pic of him later b/c the ones I've got will not "Rotate clockwise" for me. I am totally not a pet person, so this will have to do for my boy!



We went to my niece Alexa's first birthday party last Sunday. I totally forgot it was April Fools Day and I fell for two big jokes that were played. Cindy had Alexa open a present of a onesie that said "I am going to be a big sister!", and I got all excited
 about it. Then my nephew Brayden (who was pretending his ankle was hurt and wearing a boot) tripped over his crutches and faked that he re-injured his "hurt" leg. I was bent over and rubbing his shoulder and about to ask someone to get some ice when both my sister and him announced they were just April fooling. Sheesh, I'm gullible!

Yesterday Justin got back from a 5 day business trip to Saint George. Five days! Naturally, I wasn't excited for him to go, but we did just fine! It is so nice to have him around, and his help each day, but it was a good feeling that I was able to hold down the fort without him. The house was even more clean than usual because the time I would've spent with him at night, I spent cleaning and organizing things! I missed him, but it helped that he called me several times each day.

A few things we say all the time...

Justin:
"Ho-Li-Caow"...said like a "hick." He likes to talk like a hick lately (when we're in the truck and listening to Country music), and I laugh hystarically.

Me:
"You little tease-muffin!"...Not sure why I started saying it, but Caleb is always being funny so I say it a lot.

"Stop being so cute!"...I say this to Caleb and it is so fun, because the faces he makes as I keep saying it get funnier and cuter by the second. You should try this with your kids. They don't know how to turn the cuteness off!

Caleb: 
"I already 'saul' (saw) it!"....He has always said it this way.

"Look at this "dicament" (predicament) I'm in!".....Where did he learn that word?!

All of us:
"Whattu!!" It means "What the!!" Justin started this and now we all say it when we are surprised about something.

And since it is Easter weekend and I don't have any cute Easter pic's yet, here are a couple of oldies, but goodies...


HAPPY EASTER!

1 comment: