Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Baby is FIVE!

About 6 months ago, I decided that for Caleb's birthday, I wanted to hire my aunt and uncle to bring their train and have a BIG ol' party with my family, Justins family, and some families from the block. (Sheesh! I probably would've invited the entire ward if there was enough space on the train!) The kids had even more fun than I would have imagined! Here are a few favorite pics from the party...


The night started with about 20 kids playing
everywhere outside, having a great time.
Then we called them in to sing Happy Birthday and serve some cake.
 It said "Choo Choo, Caleb is Turning 5!"


Then we got out the parachute (borrowed from our neighbor) and both the kids and adults had a great time playing with it.  Especially when all the little balls were thrown on top!


Next, Caleb opened presents which was quite stressful for me because the kids crowded around really close and he tore through present after present hardly stopping to say thanks. I tried to stop him but it was no use! It's okay though, cards will go out later today and then I will feel better. (This pic was obviously taken later.)


And finally, time for TRAIN RIDES! The kids were given train shaped whistles to blow, and each passenger car had a flag that says "Happy Birthday!"  The entire scene was simply ADORABLE!



 
The train went up and down the street, and into the culda-sac. It would wind back and forth on the street like a snake, and turn circles so everyone on the train could look at each other. Too fun!

  They said adults could ride, so I thought "why not?" I was quite bummed that Caleb decided not to ride that time, and somehow I didn't end up with any kid on my lap,
which felt quite silly to be honest.
 (Look at the kids with short sleeves! And it got pretty cold!)

Woo hoo! I talked my friend Holly into riding too, and my nephew Kyler to sit on my lap, so I didn't look so silly the second time I rode!

After the train rides, Caleb got to climb in the engine and ring the horn and the bell. He could not get enough of this and we basically had to pry him out of there!


 


 

What a fun night. I doubt my little 5 year old will ever forget it!

1 comment:

  1. This post is just gushing with joy! I am glad your little man got to have such a great party! Wow, that was a lot of friends and looks like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete