Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dear Dennis

These are just a few things I would say if I had the opportunity to talk to Dennis (Justin's late father)...

Look how happy they look together!

Happy Birthday! I know I haven't met you yet, but that doesn't mean that I don't think about you, because sometimes I do. We talk about you to our son Caleb often. Yesterday, Alison got  some flowers and a little cheesecake to remember you on your birthday. We sang Happy Birthday, and even lit some candles. Caleb got to blow them out, which was good practice because his birthday is 4 days after yours!

Mainly I just want to tell you that you raised an amazing family and I couldn't be happier that I married into it. Your son is an amazing person, and I imagine that you must have been amazing too. He often shares memories that he has with you. What sticks out in my mind are the trips the two of you would take together...fishing trips, camping trips, business trips, etc. Justin really enjoyed these, and mentions them often.  I also think that your wife is an incredible person, and having her live with us feels like living with a friend. I cannot wait to meet you someday.

Love,
Michelle

Any resemblences to Justin?? (Yes, and thank you for passing down that hair!)

I love this photo of Justin and his daddy. Reminds me of pictures I am always taking. :)



2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post! you would have loved my dad, he was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a sweet post Michelle. :)

    ReplyDelete