Sunday, November 27, 2011

Best Friend of Twenty Years


This is a little post for one of my favorite people of all time.
Tonee and I have been best friends ever since she invited me to her eleventh birthday party, 20 years ago! These are a few of our memories together, which pretty much sum up my adolescence....

Remember our childhood? 
We basically lived at the  pool (age 12).
(And we took tons of underwater pictures with your water camera!)

Some of my best memories with you are:

Sleepovers at your house

Making up a dance to the song "Never Gonna Get It"

Rollerblading on the boulevard while you pulled me with your bike!

Babysitting and cleaning houses together, for $4 an hour!

Our detail planned mall trips where we would blow all our money at Gap and Nordstrom (wish we could afford to shop there more now!)

Making home-video, fake commercials.
(Do you still have those? We were hilarious!)

Karaoke in your basement. To this day the songs "Under the Bridge" and "Brown Eyed Girl" remind me of our karaoke days.

Learning to shave my legs from you, but having to hide it from my mom.
Let's face it, you basically raised me. 
(College)

Of course things are different now than our care-free days together, but as Tonee put it, we are tied together at the heart forever. 

1 comment:

  1. I have been remembering more things. I remember eating parmesan/butter noodles and velveeta noodles and cheese! And seriously, i don't know why, but the one thing I will never forget is when we were at lagoon and you put your half empty water bottle in one of the drink stands and took a full water bottle. Do you remember that? Probably not the best thing you want me to remember! sorry :) :)

    ReplyDelete