Friday, April 5, 2013

This, That & the Other

Just a warning, this post has a few random parts, which you are probably used to from me by now...

OUR FUNNY KID

Caleb has been so funny lately. Here are a few of the hilarious things he has said in just the last week!


Caleb decided that he wanted to measure his stuffed animals height on the wall. So while I was not watching, he wrote the names of his animals in LARGE PRINT on the wall at the height he measured them to be. I am currently in the market for a magic eraser to use on the walls in our hall. Too cute.


The other day, Justin asked me what a hashtag was, and I explained it to him, and made up examples (LOL!). Caleb must have been in the room, because the next day, Caleb was bouncing a ball in our kitchen and was really proud of himself, because it's something he is supposed to pass off on one of his "task cards" at school. He said, "Mommy, look, I can pass off bouncing a ball on my.......(thinking hard about what it's called).....hash tag!" 
 

On Saturday when the boys were on the way to the store, Caleb told Justin that he needed to talk to him about a couple of things. Then he proceeded to tell him some things he needs to work on, including brushing his teeth more often, because he never see's him do it. Yeah right! Caleb's just asleep every morning and night when his daddy brushes his teeth!
 

Caleb said something about going on his mission, and I told him that I am going to miss him SOO much when he goes. Then he said, "Mommy, why are you going to miss me, I am not going to be your wife?!" 
(I know, it doesn't make sense! But he does get the word husband and wife mixed up sometimes, and apparently you can't love somebody enough to miss them unless they're your spouse??! So silly.)


Next, I asked Caleb how long people serve missions for. And he said a mission is 100 years.


Lastly, on Monday night I told Caleb that we were going to make cookies for FHE, and then I walked out of the room. Then I heard Caleb asking his daddy and his grandma what F.A.G stands for? When they asked why, he said that I had just spelled it! Luckily, those two know me better than that!!


OUT WITH THE OLD

I have been consigning things off and on for many years, becuase it's a much more economical and practical way of getting rid of cute, but old stuff I don't need or want anymore. This little side table is one I bought for Caleb's room, but Justin didn't like it (whaaaat?) so down to the store it went! 
(my fave, called "Home Again" in W.J.)



This cute piece here is a kitchen cupboard that belonged to my siblings and I when I was a child. It had chippy, light yellow paint a year ago when my mom gave it to us (which I LOVED!) until Justin painted it these cute colors. I put it in Caleb's bedroom, but he could have cared less about this piece, so I sold it last weekend to a lady from the Vintage fb page I am on. 
Oh how I love my new fb "groups"!

I bought this shelf for Caleb's room when he was a baby, and have changed out the decor a bit over the years. Along with many changes we are making in the rest of the house, I think it's time for something new in his bedroom, so I will likely be selling this shelf too.

Oh, and did I tell you that we are remodelling our kitchen this month? Yep, a complete gut! And we're even doing dark {wood} floors throughout the kitchen, front room and hall! I will post pics when it's all done of course. :)


HEALTH BIT

This is a quote from a woman's health blog that I felt pretty much sums up how I have been feeling for awhile...

"I have a long road in front and it’s the less exciting part of this journey as it’s lots of rest, patience and diet restrictions – all of which I don’t like to do! However I recently saw a post that said “you take your health for granted until you get sick”
Well I am not going to take my health for granted any longer and I am going to walk this long and boring and rough road for as long as I have to if it means I’ll regain even half of my health back that I had before!"

Yep, that is basically how I feel about everything. I have come a long way, but I do have quite a ways to go until I will feel good about where my health is again. I cannot wait until I can go to a party and actually eat some things there too without getting sick! The expensive treatment we started last August doesn't really seem to have helped me, but Justin and I have a new plan in place and we are hoping this one will help me more than the last. My patriarichal blessing tells me I will be healthy, and I really feel that this will be true for me! In the meantime, I do feel happy and grateful for how far I have come, and I know the Lord is blessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment