Monday, March 5, 2012

One of a Kind Kid

I know, I know. I always blog about Caleb. This post 
(and the next one I'm doing) are no different!
Since I didn't start blogging until last year, I thought it would be fun to create a few posts to help Justin and I to always remember many of the adorable and funny things that Caleb has done in the past 5 years. (He's really almost 5!) Since the moment he came into our lives, Caleb has made us laugh everyday with the silly, quirky things he says or does. He has made us two very amused and happy parents, as you will see in some of these pictures and wonderfully funny videos.
  
Baby (Age 0-1)

Caleb was the cutest, happiest baby ever! He had this adorable blond fuzzy hair that stood straight up at all times. The first year of Caleb's life may just be my favorite year of all time. I think I took more pictures and videos than I have in my whole life put together!
 
My favorite video won't upload for some reason but you may have seen it from when Justin posted it on facebook. We also sent it in to Funniest Home Video's but we're not sure what happened with that. It's video of Caleb sleeping in the jumparoo and jumping at the same time and it is so funny! (because he wakes up and smiles at me, then falls right back asleep, while jumping the whole time.)

Age One

Caleb would climb up onto the coffee table and talk loud jibberish while throwing his arms out at times for emphasis (or something!). We would joke that someday he is going to be an orator/public speaker. This cracked us up.

I started giving Caleb (two daily) gummy vitamins when he was one, and everyday he would go and stand by the high cupboard that they were in, and reach his arms up in the air because he wanted them.  While I was getting them out, I would inevitably say "okay, but you only get two today!" so he would learn he couldn't ask for them again that day.  Little did I know that he thought I was telling him the name of the candy-like bears.  When he started talking more, he would reach his arms up and and say "Do dooday, do dooday, do dooday!!" (Two today, two today....) Ha ha! We still always say this around our house and laugh about it! {This is one of my favorite video's we have, but it's too large to upload.}

Even at the young age of one (and older), Caleb would throw many of his bottles out of his crib when he was done with them. One day I noticed that most of our bottles were missing, and that's when I discovered that his newest hobby was to push his bottles through his crib bars and between the wall so they would end up underneath the crib and hidden by the bed skirt. STINKY!


Age Two
Another hilarious thing that Caleb use to say was the word he used for "milk."  We were never really sure where this came from, but for milk he would say "WAME (now make a kiss sound!) The only thing I can think of is he tried to say it one time and this is how it came out, so he stuck with it...for like a year! I also think that the loud kiss sound at the end was Caleb's way of making up for the loud 'k" sound at the end of "milk." So funny you have to see for yourself...


One day when I was changing Caleb's diaper on the ground in his bedroom, he pointed to the word "TOYS" on his toybox and said each letters name while he pointed at it.  I was astonished! How did he know his letters already; he had barely turned two?! He did the same thing a few weeks later when we were at our family reunion at snowbird, as he pointed to each letter of the sign that said SNOWBIRD. (The family was impressed!) I think he learned his letters watching morning cartoons...thank you Super Why!

A month before Caleb turned three, he was jumping on the couch as usual, and decided to jump off this time. We weren't in the room to see it happen, but he bonked his head on the coffee table and got a big gash on the outside of his eyebrow.  So off we went to Instacare, where Caleb got about 12 "skitches", as he called them.

(I will post ages 3 and 4 in a few days...they are even funnier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment