Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Few Simple Highlights

Caleb played his first season of soccer this year. I am sad to say (especially for Justin's sake) that he didn't like it much. For 4 weeks, he had two games and one practice per week. That's a lot for such little kids! There is a happy ending though.....after the last game, Caleb asked when the next soccer season starts! I think he finally started feeling more confident playing, and he decided he likes it afterall!
 
Needless to say, my soccer husband is happy now. 
And I was extremely happy when Caleb took 2nd palace at a kids race at the Woods Cross Track and XC alumni races yesterday. If Caleb chooses track as one of his sports, I will be elated. (Sorry, no pic. I took video only.)
 
 
This picture was taken on a fun hike/walk we took around mirror lake. We went with Alison (g-ma), Paulette & Doug (bro & sis in-law) and the kids. 
 
Oh yeah, this was another small hike we did before we got to mirror lake.
Such a fun time.


A couple other things I'm up to....
In September, I started watching a little boy that's almost 4 years old.  He's a really calm and sweet kid, and it has been really fun. He and Caleb have totally different personalities, but they get along well. Their size difference  and big blue eyes make them look they are brothers when we go out.
A blonde and a redhead. Cute!
 
I am helping out in Caleb's kindergarten class every other week, and spying on him to make sure he is being good. My favorite thing that I've seen so far is that he already has the pledge of allegiance memorized! Whattttttt? Little smartie.

3 comments:

  1. We should chat again soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great action shot of Caleb playing soccer! Glad he warmed up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute pics! I love how you said "I'm sad to say, for Justin's sake." lol that's how I'm going to be if Boston ends up not wanting to play all the sports Andrew wants him to! Crazy to see your little boy growing up so much! :) We should get together some time!

    ReplyDelete