Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kindergarten Caleb

Caleb's first day of Kindergarten was on Thursday, September 6. He is in the afternoon class of Mrs. Lougy, who won the Teacher of The Year Award last year. Sweet!
Did this monumental day seem like a bigger deal to me or Caleb?
Mmmmm, I'm going to go with me.
 
It hit when preschool got over in the beginning of the summer, the realization that my baby would be going to big boy school. I had some emotional moments, but as summer went on, the sad emotions turned to excited ones.


It was quite a fight to get Caleb to even get his pictures taken so a crooked smile and no eye contact will do.
(With his friend and classmate Spencer)
 
I felt totally fine until this point, when Mrs. Lougy told the kids to say "Bye Mommy and Daddy!" The way Caleb said it was so sweet, and unexpected tears sprung to my eyes. And off they went!
I told Justin as we walked back to the car that I was surprised I teared up.
He said he wasn't!

Guess he's a big boy now. (Sob!)

1 comment:

  1. Ah what a milestone - totally a tear jerker! You look sooo cute and tan!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete